Family Life assists families, children and young people as well as making our society a better place for everyone including the most disadvantaged and vulnerable.
At the heart of our enterprise is the authentic grass-root relationships with our people, the people we help and the people of the community.
Family Life is a centre of research, knowledge and innovation delivering measurable social change and impact.
We contribute to national and international knowledge through our reputation for changing lives by effective connection, care and transformation.
Family Life offers counselling, mediation, mental health services, support and community educational services, outreach to homes, case coordination and advocacy.
- Has been providing family support services since 1970
- Is community owned and managed
- Has 120 staff (approx 85 eft) and 400 volunteers
- Works within the community providing prevention, early intervention and treatment services
- Provides services for the most vulnerable, those at-risk and all families experiencing difficult life transitions
- Develops innovative solutions to complex social issues
- Shares its innovations and knowledge to support national replication of programs and government policy development
Some of the community programs and services Family Life facilitates and provides include:
- Creating Capable Communities
- SHINE Mental Health
- Child FIRST
- PeopleWorx and YouthWorx
- Community Bubs
- Family Relationship Centre (FRC)
- Schools Focused Youth Service