Strategic and Cultural Foundations
Three year Strategic Initiatives 2014 – 2017
Capable communities, strong families, thriving children.
Through effective services, support and connections, enable children, young people and families to thrive in caring communities.
Transforming lives for stronger communities
Have grown social and economic outcomes through effective relationships, prevention and earlier intervention, innovation, and research and evaluation.
Family Life has a reputation as a trusted partner and thought leader that informs, educates, advocates and influences at all levels
Have a “whole of agency” commitment to the most effective use of evidence, data integrity, analysis, performance measurement and compliance
Have a workplace community where our people are committed to our mission, capable, work as a team, achievement focused and know they are valued.
Productive engagement of diverse stakeholders through an effective and integrated marketing and communications strategy.
Have built the financial sustainability and security of our mission by growing income streams, including discretionary income; and developing the business acumen of our managers.
Values and Code of Ethics
We acknowledge and value the human and legal right of all individuals, evidenced by:
• Maintaining confidentiality and privacy
• Strengths perspective
• Open communication,
• Support and information transparently provided.
We maximise the opportunities for individuals and families to participate in local and broader communities, evidenced by:
• Applying a systems, context-sensitive approach
• Advocacy for services and social change
• Promoting diversity
• Seeking input and feedback to guide our efforts.
We understand Family Life exists as part of a network of relationships and interactions evidenced by:
• Involvement of community members
• Co-operative and collaborative working with others
• Consultation and partnerships
• Commitment to learning with others
We encourage and strengthen individuals, families and communities to:
• Know their rights and value their voice in consultations
• Facilitating knowledge and skill sharing
• Working with a strengths perspective
• Promoting self agency for growth and change
Download the document here