Family Life Limited is a membership-based community organisation.
Members of Family Life are vital to its success.
When a person becomes a member of Family Life, they demonstrate their commitment to and support of our work.
Their membership sends a clear message to government that Family Life is endorsed by the community.
If you’d like to apply to become a member of Family Life please phone 03 8599 5433 or email email@example.com
A member is a person who:
- Applies for membership of the Company
- Meets the criteria for membership set by the Board including commitment to the purposes, mission and values of the Company
- Has his or her application for membership accepted by the Board or its delegate
- Pays the annual subscription fee
A person immediately ceases to be a member if the person:
- Resigns as a member by giving written notice to the Secretary;
- Becomes of unsound mind or a person who is, or whose estate, is liable to be dealt with in any way under a law relating to mental health
- Becomes a bankrupt or insolvent or makes any arrangement or composition with his or her creditors
- Is expelled under Rule 13
- Becomes, if the Board so decides in their absolute discretion, an untraceable member because the person has ceased to reside at, attend or otherwise communicate with his or her address on the Register of Members
- Subject to Rule 14 the Board may by resolution expel a member from the Company if, in their absolute discretion, they decide it is not in the interests of the Company for the person to remain a member.
- At least two (2) weeks before the Board meeting at which the resolution for
- Expulsion pursuant to Rule 13 is to be proposed, the Board must give the
- Member written notice:
- Stating the date, place and time of the meeting
- Setting out the intended resolution and the grounds on which it is based; and
- Informing the member that he or she or a representative may attend the meeting and may give an oral or written explanation or submission before the resolution is put to the vote.
For further information about Membership and the Family Life Constitution please click here.