PeopleWorx is an employment training program where students can learn new skills, meet new people and gain support in a fun and friendly environment. It is run at the Family Life Opportunity Shops in Chelsea, Cheltenham, Highett and in the Moorabbin Warehouse. Our flexible ‘real-world’ training environment provides vulnerable young people with a pathway to employment.
At PeopleWorx students are supported by Qualified Trainers and caring Family Life staff in conjunction with Trained volunteers – helping individuals to reach their goals at their own pace.
Training offered at PeopleWorx
- Ready 2 Work – equivalent to Certificate II in Retail (suitable for people of all capabilities)
- Logistics 4 Retail – equivalent to Certificate III in Retail Logistics
- Retail Basics (Two day workshop)
- Foundation Skills – Introduction to Work equivalent to Certificate I in Vocational Preparation – designed for students with mild to moderate learning disabilities
- UPCYCLE – recreate new pieces from old items
- Overcoming Unhelpful Thinking (OUTGroup)
- Work Experience (Adult and Student) Or Structured Workplace Learning
- Community Service Placements
Who is PeopleWorx for?
The PeopleWorx program is for anyone (young or old) who needs help to get the skills, support and work experience they need to get a job, go on to further study or to become active members of society through volunteering. Perhaps traditional text-book and classroom learning aren’t suitable, low self-esteem and lack or confidence is a barrier to finding work, or getting out and becoming more connected to their community is the motivation. Whatever the reason, the PeopleWorx program has helped more than 1000 unemployed people since the program started in 2003.
What would you do at PeopleWorx?
- Get work experience in a real shop & warehouse
- Learn retail and logistical skills:
- Customer Service
- Cash handling and Point of Sale Terminal training
- Product and Service Sales techniques
- Visual Merchandising
- Stock handling and management
- Online selling
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) guidelines
- Job readiness
- CV and job seeking support
- Job interview preparation
- Build self confidence and skills
- Meet lots of people and be part of a team
- Have a lot of fun while learning
- Have access to personal support
Click here to read testimonies from recent PeopleWorx participants.