Help For Men
Family Life provides a range of services for men including counselling, mediation, out reach, youth support, Dad’s playgroups and family support.
Both male and female counsellors are available and all are professionally qualified. Any man, at any stage in his life, may feel pressured, angry, frustrated or depressed. Counsellors can help men to:
- develop new and positive solutions;
- sort out their feelings; and
- take steps towards being happy.
Family Life offers a whole of family approach. This means, when a person comes to us for help, we offer to work with their whole family. In this way, changes and improvements can be more effective and lasting.
Services offered for men include:
- Men’s outreach
- Help with family violence – Men’ Behaviour Change Groups
- Individual counselling
- Help for separated parents
- Training and employment assistance