Family Life is a member of the Families and Children Expert Panel for the Department of Social Services. The Panel will operate until June 2019.
The Panel of research, practice and evaluation experts will support Families and Children service providers in the delivery of robust evidence-based practice, with a focus on prevention and early intervention approaches.
The role of the Panel includes:
- providing implementation support and training for organisations in the use of evidence-based programmes and practice;
- supporting the development of outcome measures that organisations can use to measure the extent to which they have helped their clients;
- providing training and support in the development and evaluation of outcome measures;
- supporting organisations to trial and evaluate new approaches, particularly in prevention and early intervention; and
- conducting research and evaluation activities.
Family life is also included on the Industry List managed by the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS). The Industry List is a resource for Families and Children service providers to use their existing funding to purchase help to plan, implement and evaluate existing programmes.
The Family Life Research, Outcome Measurement and Evaluation (ROME) Unit is available to support service providers to develop and conduct research and evaluation projects. To use the Industry List, service providers should email AIFS directly at firstname.lastname@example.org